Coaches, Parents and Administrators:
With the new registration season comes changes that MUST BE FOLLOWED not only for registration, but for meet entry as well.
Following are some guidelines and helpful hints on registering your team, swimmers, officials and coaches. (Last years forms will NOT BE ACCEPTED for registrations. If you need extra, please contact me or download them from www.swimutah.com)
1. Please make sure and register with the FULL legal name (first name and middle initial). This is very important in USA Swimming’s effort to track each swimmer through their career. Also, please make sure that all of the information is provided on the form—such as birth date, address, phone number, TEAM. I have to make a lot of phone calls to track down information that is very easily put on the form. The swimmer’s name used on their registration form is also the name that must be used to enter meets. USA Swimming has gone to a single data base for its top times and registrations, which means the names must always be the same.
If registering athletes electronically (which I would prefer all teams do), you do NOT have to send in the individual registration forms. For more information on how to register athletes electronically, go to the help function on Team Manager and type in USA Registrations and then select athlete registrations and it will help talk you through it. Any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Also, please remember that I may not be familiar with the name of the swimmer, the name of the road, the city and so on. PLEASE WRITE LEGIBLY!
LETTER TO UTAH SWIMMING CLUBS
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING GUIDELINES FOR CLUBS
2013 Year Round Club Registration Form
2013 Coaches, Officials and Other Non-Athletes Registration Form
2013 Athlete Registration Form
2013 Seasonal Athlete Registration Form
2. A team must be registered, along with a current coach being registered in order for swimmers to be attached. Each team should fill out a team registration form each year. The entire club application must be filled out. Once a team’s registration lapses, the swimmer becomes unattached. Remember, the registration fee for a team starting this year is $300.00! Team’s are eligible to receive $100.00 back for full attendance at each of the house of delegates meetings held at our J.O.’s in March and in July. THERE ARE NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTERING A CLUB. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LETTER AS WELL AS THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING INFORMATION.
3. All members on a team registration (team contact, safety coordinator and coach) must be registered with USA Swimming.
4. Coaches must be current with their certifications, with copies of their current certifications (front and back) on file in order to be considered registered with USA Swimming. All coaches must be registered as a non-athlete. Coaches who also wish to compete are required to register for both non-athlete and athlete membership in USA Swimming. Unregistered coaches will not be allowed to be “on deck” at USA Swimming meets.
5. Swimmers must be registered in order to compete in USA Swimming meets. Most meets require that a swimmer be registered prior to entry in the meet. Meet reconciliation (checking swimmers registration status) will be done throughout the season. There is a $100 fine for each swimmer who is unregistered that competes in a USA Swimming and Utah Swimming sanctioned meet.
6.All transfers (swimmers from another team) must accurately complete the transfer form and return it to the registration coordinator as soon as the change is made. Make copies of the form as needed. Also, a swimmer will not be considered transferred until I have contacted their previous team.
7. Seasonal registrations are only accepted April 15, 2013 through August 31, 2013. Any swimmer wishing to compete in the Western Zone Championships, Sectionals Championships and other similar meets may not be a seasonal athlete; they must be a full member of USA Swimming. There is NOT an upgrade fee for Seasonal Membership. If a swimmer wishes to compete at the higher level during the summer, or wishes to swim through the rest of the year, they must register as a year round athlete IN ADDITION.
Again this year is the fact that your team must re-register (team only, not swimmers) by October 15th or be subject to a late fee. Please be sure and get this in on time.
If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. The best is to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach me at either 943-3190 ext. 117 or 541-6447. Thank you and I am looking forward to a very successful 2013 swimming year!
Utah Swimming Registration Coordinator